Red Tail Adventures can create a birding or nature experience to fit your desires. Whether you want an outing for a few hours, all-day, or for multiple-days, we can customize an outing the way you want.
Red Tail Adventures is the premier birding outfitter for Lake Tahoe, the northern Sierra Nevada, and the Great Basin. All three of these locations offer fantastic birding opportunities. Do you have target birds you want to search for? The Tahoe area has one of the most reliable locations to see Gray-crowned Rosy-Finches and area specialties such as Red Crossbill, Pine Grosbeak, and Mountain Quail can also be searched for in an outing. Outings into the Great Basin (Nevada) can focus on specialty birds such as Himalayan Snowcock and/or Greater Sage-Grouse, Ferruginous and Rough-legged Hawks in winter, and breeders like Broad-tailed Hummingbird, Cordilleran Flycatcher, and Virginia’s Warbler.
Interested in an outing for your group or family led by an experienced naturalist? We can get you acquainted with the local environment with an outing that can be geared towards adults and/or children and can be customized to your desires. Snowshoe ventures are also available when snow is on the ground.
- $150 for half day (up to five hours)
- $250 for a full day (up to nine hours)
Guiding fees include:
- Guiding services for 1-4 individuals
- 125 miles of driving, unless a participant’s vehicle is used
- Water and snacks
- Entrance fees
- Transportation to our meeting location
- The vehicle used for guiding services is regularly maintained.
- We always bring a spotting scope for birding outings.
- Multi-day tours with most or all expenses included can also be arranged.